Rec Teams >>
The BBSC wants the youth players to learn the
game of soccer in a fun, safe environment. We would like to make you
aware of our player and parent expectations taking into account that
they were compiled with fun and safety in mind.
- Arrive at practice sessions by 5:45 p.m. for the 6:00 start time,
and 6:15 p.m. for a 6:30 p.m. start time. Your coach will let you
know which practice time you have. Late arrivals are very
disruptive, not only to the coaches, players who arrived on time and
are already in the midst of practicing, but also your own player. We
want all players to maximize their time with the coaches and their
- Player attire – Players need to be dressed in proper soccer gear
(shorts, athletic shirt, shin guards)
- The BBSC suggests players
wear their game jersey (either color, doesn’t matter) to practice
sessions. This makes it easier for parents, coaches and trainers.
Parents will know their players are dressed in proper soccer gear,
and the players feel like soccer players. If the weather dictates
additional layers, it is fine to put a warm-up top or
sweatshirt/sweatpants over/under the uniform.
- Casual clothes (jeans, halter tops, sandals, crocs) are not
acceptable for soccer practices.
- We encourage the players to wear soccer cleats. Athletic shoes
are permissible, but absolutely no sandals, open-toed shoes, crocs,
Health and Safety of the Players Are Our Foremost Concern
- Know your team name! It is important the parents and players know
their team and coach name. Practice fields are assigned by team name
and we can’t help you locate your team and field if you don’t know
your team name.
AS ALL BBSC TEAM NAMES ARE NOW PROFESSIONAL SOCCER TEAM NAMES, IT
IS FUN FOR THE PLAYERS TO RESEARCH THE PROFESSIONAL TEAM THEIR BBSC
TEAM CORRESPONDS WITH. INFORMATION IS READILY AVAILABLE ON THE WEB,
OR FROM ANY OF THE SOCCER TRAINERS AT THE PRACTICE FIELD.
- Players will have the proper BBSC Uniform. Information on
where to purchase the uniform is available by
- Follow all game rules.
- We need you to have your player to practices and games on time!
See the arrival times listed under player section. Ask your
individual team coach for their game time arrival preferences.
- At Training Sessions:
- Please be mindful of your own child’s marked training as well as
all other marked training areas. Please be sure you remain outside
of the marked areas
- Please keep siblings away from the training area.
- The school district has asked us to remind parents that no one
should be allowed to climb the tennis court fences at Groves.
- IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE PLAYERS HAVE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH
TO ENJOY PLAYING AND PRACTICING.
- At Games:
- Please provide positive encouragement to all players
- Don’t focus on negative situations, instead try to find positive
solutions… for example, NOT, "Why didn’t you score?" rather "Don’t
worry, keep trying."
- The BBSC is working to develop and encourage young referees in
the game, most of whom are also BBSC Players. We remind you that
referee decisions are final and not up for discussion. Please do not
direct comments at a referee
- Enjoy the game!
© 2013 Birmingham Bloomfield Soccer Club
| All Rights Reserved |
Web Design by: jacksondesign.com